Friday, January 13, 2012

Butterflies....

I have completed the writing stage, the script is done.  That never makes me nervous, even in moments of writer's block.  But the next step is holding auditions.  I always get butterflies when that moment comes... I think it's because I want to make sure that I'm doing things right.  To give everyone an opportunity to show their best acting.  I have a responsibility to the actors, as much as they do to me.  It's their responsibility to memorize their lines and come to rehearsals, but it's my responsibility to help them look their best and play off of each other, to become one big unit while at the same time I focus on what every character on stage is doing or thinking or feeling during a given scene.  The butterflies go away after the second week of rehearsals usually.  I think it's because I'm more comfortable around the actors.  The butterflies will be back on opening night!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment