Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!

So, now it's 2013!  Something new to get used to!  I truly hope that all of you enjoyed the holidays!
I really just need to start my first post for the year by saying a big

THANK YOU!!!!

To everyone who participated in the plays last year, helped with sets or costumes, handing out programs, making food, setting up or cleaning up, helping kids learn lines, encouraging, and coming to see the shows!  You've made my first year as acting director a memorable one!

That all said, we're going to take things a bit slower in Club P.L.A.Y. this year (I know the kids seem to have limitless energy, but I know I don't!)  : )
So, here is a rundown of the schedule for the Club, with upcoming events.

January 6 - 20  -- "The Queen Loves Coffee"  commercial written by Lauren Shepard
    For this, I only need a few kids.  The ones who had been "cast" by Lauren early in December are:
    Lauren S. as the Queen  
   Joshua D. as the butler
    Alyssa D. as "Joe"
   and myself as the coffee bar worker

  I could use a few "stage hands" if kids want to help.  We're going to be filming this, not acting it out on stage.


The next big event will be our "Acting Competition" January 27th through March 3rd.
It will work sort of like American Idol, but with no eliminations.  This should be fun!! We'll have judges and prizes, etc.  I'm encouraging all the kids to come and "act up"!!

Then, on March 17th we'll have auditions for our Spring play, "Beauty is a Beast".  If you know that you can't be there on that Sunday, but your kids want to be in the play, please let me know so they can audition ahead of time.  :)

I will be providing everyone involved with a detailed calendar of Club PLAY events for the whole year, in their boxes at church or by email.  We are also taking the summer off this year, after VBS!!

Whew-  that's it for now!  Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you all again!  Let's make this year at Club PLAY even better than last year!!   : )

Miss Tia (Director)



No comments:

Post a Comment